Glamour, glitz & fashion all the way!
By Dikhya Tiwari
27th November 2012 12:36 PM
The stage was all set for a fashion extravaganza as models from the State sashayed down the ramp in style leading to an award ceremony. The function that had the right blend of glamour and glitz, provided the perfect platform for the models to present their talent.
The Odisha Fashion Awards, 2012 organised by Sparsh Network, a city-based event management group at Hotel Marrion on Saturday last, saw the models being divided in two groups - professional and upcoming who were judged on the basis of their costumes, attitude, expression, body language, looks and walk. There were four rounds - bridal, hi-fashion, women in black and partywear.
The judges included Ollywood actor Samaresh Mohanty, former model Priyanka, Zonal Head Honda Motorbike Brajesh Upadhyay, UK-based social activist Binodini Mishra and journalist Deepak Mohapatra. The awards were divided into four categories - Best Model, Best Model (Runners-Up), Best Catwalk and Best Photogenic in both the groups. The upcoming group had an additional award in the form of Best Male Model.
Says Samaresh, the event definitely gave a great platform to all the models though he did admit there was scope for them to do even better. While in the professional group, the Best Model and Best Photogenic Awards went to Kajal, Elina won the Best Model (Runners-up) and Subhasmita bagged the Best Catwalk award.
Kajal, who is a known face in the fashion industry, feels the event was a great opportunity for her. ‘’Such awards always motivate models to do better and I am grateful that I could be a part of this,’’ she exclaims.
According to Ananya Patnaik, who won the Best Model (Runners-Up) and Diedre Redden (Best Catwalk), this was a big platform. The Best Model in the junior category went to Shalinee while Shruti Das Mohapatra won the Best Photogenic Award. Debesh Pratap was the Best Male Model in the junior group.
The evening also witnessed some scintillating performances by Bhubaneswar-based Sizzlers’ Group and belly dancers from Dubai.
Says Bhanu Prakash Dash, MD Sparsh Network, the objective of organising the award ceremony, into its third year, is to encourage models from the State. ‘‘Today, most corporate events get models from Kolkata but we want to make a point that models from our State have much better potential,’’ he informs.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Supreme Court refuses to ban IPL, slams BCCI on spot-fixing
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres