L&T executive kidnapped in Jajpur
By Express News Service - BHUBANESWAR
22nd November 2012 12:05 PM
An executive of infrastructure firm L&T was allegedly kidnapped by a gang of 13 from near Military Chhak of Jakhpura near Kalinga Nagar area of Jajpur on Wednesday.
Himadri Mukherjee, industrial relations manager of L&T, was taken to a transport office where he was confined and assaulted by the group which allegedly owes its allegiance to a powerful local leader belonging to the ruling party. The miscreants engaged in extortion and wanted work contracts from the company.
Mukherjee was intercepted by the gang members near Military Chhak where he was told that they wanted to have a talk with him. Though he denied, he was forcibly taken to Jakhpura where he was reportedly tortured. The kidnappers demanded that L&T sanctioned contracts to their firm, employed ten of their men and pay Rs 1.5 lakh a month.
When Jajpur Road Police got wind of the matter, it reached the spot and Mukherjee was rescued. Later he lodged an FIR naming Bikua Dhal, Minu Panda, Prasanjiit Nayak and 13 others as the accused.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks