Social worker passes away
By BHUBANESWAR - BHUBANESWAR
16th November 2012 10:04 AM
Rabi Narayan Mohanty, noted social worker of Kendrapara’s Patkura area, has passed away here recently. Mohanty, who suffered a cardiac arrest, was admitted to Apollo Hospitals where he breathed his last. He was 74.
Born in Basantpur village of Patkura, he had retired from the Panchayati Raj Department. Mohanty had dedicated himself to the Satsang movement of Sri Anukula Chandra in the State since 1971 and contributed to the establishment of Satsang Temples in Kujang, Jagatsinghpur, Puri and Bhubaneswar.
Mohanty is survived by his sons Ranjit Mohanty and Rudra Mohanty. Puri king Dibya Singh Deb, Guru Chandrabhanu Satpathy and MP Baijayant Panda mourned his death.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15