Honouring music makers
By Express Features
16th November 2012 10:11 AM
Recently, Utkal Mandap was abuzz with lot of action and music as 92.7 BIG FM organised its first ever Music Award of the State - BIG Odia Music Award 2012. The FM station that established its positioning tune in the state as ‘Suno Sunao Life Banao’ started the award ceremony with the objective of promoting Odia music and honouring the artistes for their contribution to the field of Odia music. The categories included films, album, classical, folk, bhajan, ghazal, modern and rock music.
Attended by most celebrities of Odia film and music industry, the highlights of the event included a sand art that depicted 76 years of musical journey of Odia films, presentation of a song from the first Odia movie Sita Bibaha on stage, a medley song from 60’s to 80’s sung by debutant singers Sudipta, Sohini, Satyajit and Bishnu. The performers also included singers like Arabinda, Sailabhama, Tapu Mishra and Gudli Rath.
A sizzling dance was performed by Anu Choudhury, Babli, Mousimi Nayak and Dipan. Comedy King of Ollywood Papu Pam Pam entertained audience for a long time.
The award winners of the evening included Saroj Pattanaik for Life Time Achievement, Kesab Rout for Odissi, Jitendra Harpal for folk music and Ratikant Satpathy for ghazals. Sohini Misha received the Superiya Voice of Odisha and Sambhabana Mohanty Voice of BIG FM 2011.
BIG Odia Music Award for 2011 through public voting included Bikash Sukla - best music director, Manas Pritam - best playback singer-male, Tapu Mishra- best playback singer female, Panachanana Nayak - lyricist, Sakti - music recordist, Piku- music arranger, Kumar Bapi - bhajan singer, Anjali Mishra- bhajan singer, Sudipta- debutant singer female and Satyajit- debutant male. Chitta Jena was the chief guest of the event.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Supreme Court refuses to ban IPL, slams BCCI on spot-fixing