MCL diploma engineers threaten demo next month
By Express News Service - TALCHER
15th November 2012 11:51 AM
More than 1000 diploma engineers working in Mahanadi Coalfield Limited will hold a mass demonstration in front of its corporate office at Burla on December 3 next. They are demanding fulfillment of their 11-point charter of demands which includes withdrawal of “illegal” charge sheets against 118 diploma engineers engaged in MCL, promotional opportunities and rationalisation of their pay scale vis-vis-other officers.
A decision to this effect was taken here on Monday by the Diploma Engineers association here at a meeting chaired by its president Ramesh Behera.
The diploma engineers were highly critical of both Coal India Limited and MCL for meting out raw deal and alleged discriminatory attitude towards the diploma engineers working in CIL across the country and CL in particular.
Their other demands are induction of diploma engineers in Grade B post, upgradation of diploma engineers who have completed 15 years of service to executive post and redressal of the grievances of diploma engineers upgraded to subordinate engineers in executive-1 grade.
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Sushma upset at Modi role, walks out of BJP meet
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter