Mystery shrouds girl’s death
By Express News Service - BALASORE
15th November 2012 11:57 AM
The death of a minor girl in Soro area of Balasore district is still shrouded in mystery. The 15-year-old girl was allegedly burnt to death on November 6. While her mother alleged that she was raped and murdered, police claimed it was a case of suicide.
A native of Teliaganj area under Soro NAC, the girl was allegedly raped by a mason in her neighbour’s house where she was sleeping. “The accused who was in inebriated state poured kerosene and set her on fire when she protested,” her mother alleged.
Though the incident occurred on November 4 night, the girl succumbed to burn injuries on November 6 at SCB Medical, Cuttack. The victim’s mother alleged that as the mason was close to the neighbour’s family, they put pressure on her not to report the matter before the police. However, she managed to lodge a complaint on Monday night.
Police, on the other hand, said the girl had an affair with the mason and committed suicide after he refused to marry her.
Soro IIC Sujit Pradhan said further investigation is on and the accused is absconding.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Key relationships
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt