IIIT students win 'SOA Quiz Wiz'
By Express News Service - BHUBANESWAR
13th November 2012 09:42 AM
The Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Bhubaneswar, students Akash Choudhury and Satwik Raut won the ‘SOA Quiz Wiz’, a national-level quiz competition among undergraduate students, at the SOA University here on Sunday.
The duo staved off stiff competition from Bedbyas Dutta and Sumit Josh of St Xaviers College, Kolkata, to lift the crown. Choudhury and Raut, who notched 97.5 points, just two points more than the Kolkata team, won a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh while Dutta and Josh took home ` 60,000. Sampad Pattnaik and Pawan Piyush of CET, Bhubaneswar, finished third to win Rs 40,000.
A large number of teams, from the State and outside, participated in the gruelling contest of which six teams survived the preliminary round to qualify for the final. The other three finalists, from BJB Autonomous College, KIIT University and National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela, were presented cash awards of Rs 5,000 each.
The six finalist teams were named after six missiles _ Agni, Prithvi, Akash, Trishul, Nag and Brahmos.
Eminent quiz master Dhananjay Shettigar from Quizmonk, Mumbai, conducted it.
Nihar Parihar, Principal, Insurance Global Delivery, Hyderabad, the chief guest, gave away the prizes while SOA University Vice- Chancellor Prof RP Mohanty presided.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links