Robbers spread terror in Acharya Vihar
By Express News Service - BHUBANESWAR
07th November 2012 12:19 PM
Acharya Vihar where a recent murderous attempt at an old couple had raised serious questions about safety of senior citizens was rocked by twin incidents of theft and robbery in a span of 12 hours on Tuesday. Senior citizens were the targets here too.
Pushpalata Sahu (65) was robbed of her necklace while she was waiting for someone near a temple. The miscreants snatched her gold necklace and fled on a bike.
A few hours earlier, burglars broke into the house of Gandharva Behera (69) and decamped with ` 3,000 cash and a mobile phone. Behera stays with his wife and daughter-in-law.
Bike-lifter gang busted
Nayapalli Police on Tuesday nabbed a three-member gang of bike-lifters and recovered 17 bikes.
They are Dasarathi Dalei, Manoj Parida and Sunil Behera, all from Raghunath Nagar of Dumduma. They had picked up bikes from across the City during the last six months. At least three cases were lodged with Nayapalli Police who were trailing them.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs