Abandoned newborn girl gets a home
By Express News Service - JAGATSINGHPUR
27th October 2012 09:42 AM
Abandoned by her biological parents, a newborn girl found maternal warmth in Saira Bibi. The Muslim woman and her husband Faimula Alli of Itatikri Mirmahala under Krishandapur panchayat under Tirtol police limits adopted the girl a week back.
The girl was found near a culvert adjacent to Mahanadi river embankment at Biribandh village of Raghunathpur police limits on Saturday last. Alli said it looked like the baby was abandoned soon after birth.
A daily wager, Alli was returning home after his day’s work when he heard the child crying near a bush and found it to be a girl. He took her to his wife, who has been nursing her ever since.
A pleased Saira said “I have three sons aged 6, 10 and 15, and the girl’s arrival has only completed my family.” Chief District Medical Officer Vijaya Sahu said this noble deed of the couple would help in spreading awareness against girl infanticide.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- 10 things to know for the French Open
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Berth pangs of MLCs first test for new CM
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players