Security tightened ahead of CM’s visit
By Express News Service - KORAPUT
03rd October 2012 12:52 PM
Security has been beefed up in the trouble-torn Koraput and Malkangiri districts ahead of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s visit on Thursday. State Police and paramilitary forces have been put on high alert at both places to avoid any untoward incident.
With Vijaypat Singhania, a noted Industrialist, accompanying Naveen, speculations are rife that the Chief Minister would announce setting up of some industries in Koraput.
Laxmipur BJD MLA Jhina Hikaka, who was abducted by the Maoists on March 24, is also likely to accompany Naveen during his visit to Koraput, sources said.
The Chief Minister is also expected to attend various government programmes in both the districts.
In Koraput, Collector Sachin Ramchandra Jadhav and SP Avinash Kumar held a meeting to chalk out the details of the security arrangements. Malkangiri Collector M Muthu Kumar and SP Akhileswar Singh also held a meeting in the wake of Naveen’s visit.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS