'More godowns for seed growers'
By Express News Service - JEYPORE
24th September 2012 01:52 PM
State Seeds Corporation Chairman Narendra Swain stressed curbing of irregularities during processing of seeds in the State.
At a meeting organised by Jeypore Seeds Growers Union on Sunday, Swain admitted that the farmers community faces hardships during sale of seeds in the absence of proper coordination between the officials and the growers. With more infrastructure and manpower at different seeds production units, besides State Seeds Certification offices across the State, the problem would soon be tackled, he added.
He said the State Government had already raised the price of paddy seeds to
` 1,750 a quintal and promised that the farmers would get their dues as per the norms within the time frame.
Swain said more godowns would be set up to facilitate the farmers community and urged the seed growers to strengthen the corporation with their support.
Earlier, the seed growers of KBK region demanded shifting of the seeds examination laboratory from Rayagada to Jeypore and clearing of dues of farmers who had sold their paddy seeds to the corporation.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala