2 held for cooking up theft story
By Express News Service - THRISSUR
16th September 2012 10:43 AM
The Irinjalakuda police on Saturday arrested two people for allegedly cooking up a story of being waylaid to embezzle Rs 10 lakh. The arrested are Nishob, 24, and Pramod, 32, of Anappuzha.
According to the police, Nishob lodged a complaint with the Irinjalakkuda police on Friday stating that two masked men waylaid him and robbed Rs 10 lakh in the broad daylight near Irinjalakkuda, in the morning.
According to his narration, he was heading from Muvattupuzha to Irinjalakkuda with a bag containing Rs 10 lakh following an instruction from Sudhan of Konathumkunnu, his friend.
When he reached an isolated road, the criminals intercepted and attacked him using a razor blade, took the money bag and fled from the scene on their bike. Following the attack, Nishob was admitted to a local hospital with injuries on his face and other parts of the body.
But when the police questioned, he kept on changing the accounts of the robbery, raising suspicion over the entire chain of incidents.
Later, when subjected to a detailed interrogation by the senior cops, he confessed to having cooked up the story with the help of Pramod, his friend, to embezzle the money. He confessed to having spent Rs 75,000.
The rest of the cash was recovered from his custody. However, investigations are on to trace the source of the money.
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection