Noted artist Antony Vadakan passes away
By PTI - THRISSUR
18th August 2012 05:19 PM
Noted artist and painter Antony Vadakan, father of Tom Vadakan, AICC Media secretary died of illness here yesterday.
He was 91 and is survived by two daughters and a son, family sources said.
He had served as exhibition officer of the Kendra Lalitha Kala Academy.
Antony Vadakan had conducted may exhibitions in Mumbai and Delhi. His water and oil paintings had been displayed at Nairobi Museum, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai and Lalitha Kala Academy, Delhi.
He was running Kerala Kalabhavan here,imparting training to artists and painters from where several eminent persons learnt the craft.
Kerala Lalithakala Akademi's secretary, Sreemoolanagaram Mohan expressed condolence over the death of Vadakan.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs