Two held for Satnam murder
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
11th August 2012 09:11 AM
The Crime Branch team, headed by IG (CB CID) B Sandhya, probing into the suspicious death of Bihari youth Satnam Singh took two persons into custody on Friday.
Vivekandan, a policeman attached with the Prisons Department, who was on duty at the Mental Heath and Research Centre, Peroorkkada, at the time of Satnam Singh’s death, and S Anil Kumar, a first grade attendant of the centre, were taken into custody on charges of murder.
The duo was among those who were suspended on Thursday following a preliminary inquiry report by District Medical Officer T Peethambaran.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- 'Middle-class Indians hard hit by rupee's fall'
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- 'Kerala will lose 10 per cent of water resources by 2030'
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks
- 10-year-old prodigy to enter Harvard University