IUML behind murder of Manoj: Pinarayi
By Express News Service - KASARGOD
05th August 2012 11:22 AM
CPM state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan on Saturday alleged that Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) was behind the killing of DYFI Chikanam Unit president and CPM worker T Manoj during the state-wide harthal called by the CPM, protesting against the arrest of Kannur CPM district secretary P Jayarajan in Shukkur murder case.
Speaking to mediapersons here, he accused the ruling UDF of targeting the CPM to divert the attention of the people, who are unhappy with the government. “The party leadership cannot wash its hands off in the murder,” Pinarayi said. Answering a question on the killing of T Manoj, he said, “It is not necessary that the person died of grievous wounds and it is too early to comment on the basis of preliminary report of the postmortem at the Kozhikode Medical College on Friday,” he said, adding that the party would opt to react after the final report is out. Vijayan also attended the cremation of Manoj here.
Former Minister P K Sreemathy and P Karunakaran accompanied him. Manoj died during the clash on the 12-hour hartal day called by on August 2.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks