T Manoj’s body cremated
By Express News Service - KASARGOD
05th August 2012 11:24 AM
The mortal remains of DYFI Chikanam Unit president T Manoj, who died in the clashes during the harthal called by the CPM on Thursday, were cremated at his residence on Saturday noon.
The body, after postmortem at Kozhikode Medical College, was kept for the public to pay homage at Kanhangad, Pallikkara and Ambangad Che Guevara Arts and Sports Club before taking to Manoj’s House in Ambangad. A large number of DYFI and CPM workers paid their last respects to the deceased.
The body was taken for cremation in his own house compound at around 12.40 pm. Leaders including CPM state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, CPM central committee member P K Sreemathi, P Karunakaran MP and CPM district secretary K P Satheesh Chandran paid last tributes to Manoj.
Manoj’s brother Ramesh performed the last rites. Udma MLA K Kunhiraman presided over the condolence meeting held after the cremation. MLAs K Kunhiraman (Thrikaripur) and E Chandrashekharan and DYFI state president M Swaraj, T V Rajesh, CPM state secretariate member M V Govindan, CPI district secretary Govindan Pallikapil, Harish P Nambiar, M Raja Gopal, A K Narayanan, district Panchayat president P P Shyamala Devi and A M Samsheer also spoke.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15