Tomin Thachankary gets posting
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
04th August 2012 12:03 PM
Controversial IPS officer Tomin Thachankary has been posted as IG (Protection of Civil Rights). Thachankary, who was earlier placed under suspension, was reinstated in April and was awaiting for posting.
Thachankary was suspended in the wake of a recommendation from the Ministry of Home Affairs that a probe by the National Investigation Agency found that he met persons with criminal background and accepted their hospitality during his trip to Qatar in 2010.
The government reinstated him on the grounds that the departmental inquiry against him was still pending.
The Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau recently received sanction from the Union Home Ministry to prosecute Thachankary in an amassment of wealth case. The charge-sheet is expected to be filed soon.
- South block watch
- After a decade, census of sloth bears in the offing
- Jagan Mohan Reddy: A swashbuckler politician
- Karnataka: Facilities for mining-hit villagers a distant dream
- Maoists danced on finding Mahendra Karma, shot gunmen in legs: Survivor
- 'Iraq may increase oil supply to India by 30 per cent'
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- CBSE Class 12 results on Monday
- Mumbai crush Chennai by 23 runs, crowned IPL champions
- Berth pangs of MLCs first test for new CM
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- This robot can learn to tread off beaten track