Police acting according to a script, says Pinarayi
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
02nd August 2012 09:03 AM
Coming down heavily on Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and the UDF Government, CPM state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday alleged that the police were acting according to a script.
“The police had decided to make Jayarajan an accused in the murder case even before interrogating him.’’ He said that the attack on P Jayarajan and T V Rajesh by Muslim League workers was also heinous.
When the CPM leaders informed the Kannur SP in advance that they would be visiting the spot of violence, the SP had told the leaders that security measures had been taken to prevent violence. But, when the leaders arrived at Pattuvam, they were attacked by the League workers, he said.
When the leaders were admitted to the hospital, large number of party workers and sympathisers had come to meet them.
The visitors included activists of even the IUML and the BJP. ‘’How can the leaders conspire for the murder in the midst of all these people,’’ the CPM state secretary asked.
He alleged that the police had selectively tapped the telephones of Communist party leaders, including CPM MLAs. Pinarayi said that when Elamaram Kareem and E P Jayrajan went to meet AIG Anoop Kuruvila John, he told the leaders that he had come to know about their visit some three-and-a-half hours before.
Pinarayi said that it was he who telephoned Elamaram Kareem and E P Jayarajan to meet Anoop Kuruvila John to complain about the ‘’brutal torture’’ of Mohanan Master, the Kozhikode district secretariat member, who was arrested in connection with the T P Chandrasekharan murder case.
He said that the police had also produced the recorded telephonic conversation between T V Rajesh MLA and some party workers. Pinarayi said that there was no evidence to link P Jayrajan with the murder of Shukkoor.
Terming Chief Minister Oommen Chandy the most deceitful politician in the state, Pinarayi said that it was the Chief Minister’s office which unleashed the vilification campaign against the party by charging that it was the ‘party court’ which executed the murder of Shukkoor to gain mileage during Piravom by-election.
The CPM leader said that it was the very policy of the Congress party to frame CPM leaders in politically-motivated criminal cases.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs