Two H1N1 patients die in Kerala
By PTI - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
15th July 2012 08:50 PM
Two persons, who tested positive for H1N1, died in Kerala even as 14 more swine flu cases have been reported, officials said today.
According to a release from the Directorate of Health Services, a 59-year-old man of Pallimoola in Thrissur district died in a private hospital on July 10.
He tested positive for the swine flu virus and the death was caused by broncho pneumonia and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), it said.
In another case, a 42-year-old woman, whose H1NI status was confirmed, died in a private hospital in Sulthan Bathery in Wayanad district yesterday, also due to ARDS, it said.
According to the release, 14 more cases of H1N1 have been reported since yesterday, taking the total number of afflicted patients to 359 since January this year.
Nine of the newly reported cases were from Thrissur and five from Kannur.
Kozhikode accounted for 115 cases reported since January this year, followed by Malappuram 66, Kasargode 38, Kannur 40, Thrissur 40, Wyanad 24, Kottayam 10, Ernakulam 10, Alapuzha 10, Kannur five, Palakkad three, Thiruvananthapuram and Kollam one each, the release said.
The department has stepped up measures to detect, test and treat the patients suffering from the infection.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15