Controversial speech: Mani may surrender before SIT today
By Express News Service - THODUPUZHA
04th July 2012 08:32 AM
Former CPM Idukki secretary is likely to surrender before the Special Investigating Team (SIT) here on Wednesday. Sources close to Mani said that Mani is most likely to surrender before the police. Meanwhile, the police officers went to party offices and Mani’s residence at Kunjithanni.
Reports said that Mani was in Thodupuzha. Police said that Mani is an accused as far as the police is concerned as he had defied the police directive to appear before the SIT. When he surrenders, the SIT sleuths will question him in connection with the murder of Youth Congress leader Anchery Baby.
If Mani cooperates, he would be allowed to go. Otherwise he may be arrested, sources said. Earlier, CPM district secretary K K Jayachandran had made it clear that Mani would appear before the SIT soon.
However, he did not give any specific time of his appearance. Attempts to contact Mani did not yield result as his phone was switched off. According to party sources, Mani is yet to file a case in the Supreme Court against the Kerala High Court dismissing his plea.
The SIT, probing the controversial revelations made by CPM leader M M Mani, held a meeting at IG (Ernakulam range) K Padmakumar’s office in Kochi on Tuesday evening. Sources said that the meeting was conducted to decide the procedures for quizzing Mani on Wednesday. They also discussed the procedures for arresting the leader if he does not present himself before the SIT.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS