TP murder: Kerala HC notices to government, police chief
By Express News Service - KOCHI
04th July 2012 12:11 PM
The Kerala High Court on Tuesday issued notices to the state government and state police chief on a petition seeking a directive to the police not to disclose any information regarding the probe into the T P Chandrasekharan murder case to the media, and also seeking to restrain the media from publishing the progress of the probe.
Justice S S Satheesachandran while admitting the petition, also issued notice to the Malayalam newspapers and TV channels.
The petition was filed by M K Yasoda, wife of Krishnan, an accused in the case.
The petitioner submitted that the media is treating her husband as guilty even before the court’s verdict.
The petitioner also sought a directive to remove DySP Santhosh from the Special Investigation Team (SIT).
The SIT said in a statement that the probe was conducted in a professional way.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Hope floats for Nokia