CPM leader refuses to appear before SIT
By Express News Service - ADIMALI
29th June 2012 12:45 PM
A day after CPM leader O G Madanan refusing to turn up before the Special Investigation Team(SIT) probing Anchery Baby murder case, another CPM leader A K Damodaran has followed suit by not appearing before the SIT here on Thursday. Damodaran also cited the same reason that M M Mani used to challenge in court the SIT’s move to probe the case under section 173(8)CrPC.
Damodaran had sent his lawyer with a letter to the SIT. However, this happened before the Kerala High Court dismissed the petition of Mani challenging the SIT’s move to book Mani and other CPM leaders.
The SIT had booked cases against Mani and other party leaders in connection with the three murder cases in the district on the basis of confessions made by Mani at a public meeting on May 25. However, the two leaders had agreed to cooperate with the SIT if the petition was dismissed by the court.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman