Kerala PCC executive panel to hold committee polls
By PTI - KOTTAYAM
24th June 2012 10:30 PM
The Kerala PCC executive committee has unanimously decided to conduct elections in the committee and a restructuring will be done without changing its President, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today said.
Addressing a meet-the-press programme here, Chandy said government will implement changes in its education policy.
Referring to the victory of UDF candidates in the bye-elections in Piravom and Neyyattinkara, he said people have more faith in Congress.
To a query on rise in price of essential items, he said the Centre will allot more rice considering the coming Onam festival season. He suspected that increase in rice prices was due to decrease in supplies from Andhra Pradesh and sought additional quota of rice from Tamil Nadu.
About political murders in the state, he said the government will not interfere in the investigations. The same team of police officials of the previous V S Achuthanandan-led LDF government was continuing the probe.
Referring to shortage of medicines, Chandy said the Health department had sought Rs 9.50 crore and it has been sanctioned.
Chandy said the belief that it was not possible to implement certain things was changed by UDF government which completed over 400 days at the helm.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)