Fr Vadakkemury to be laid to rest Monday
By Express News Service - KOTTAYAM
24th June 2012 11:40 AM
The funeral of Fr Mathew Vadakkemury, the founder chairman of Indian Farmers’ Movement (INFAM), who died on Friday after being seriously injured in an accident on May 20, will be held on Monday at St Joseph’s Church, Koovappally, near Kanjirappally.
The body will be placed at the Malanadu Development Society (MDS) headquarters at Parathodu on Sunday from 8 am to Monday 6 am for the public to pay homage. The funeral will commence from his house at Koovappally from 1 pm.
Bishops of the Roman Catholicate Church will lead the Mass and funeral proceedings.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Key relationships
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Kept on Congress fringe, says Mani Shankar Aiyer
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out