Kidnapped child found abandoned
By Express News Service - THRISSUR
02nd March 2013 09:55 AM
In a chilling, filmi-style incident, a four-year-old LKG girl student of the Anglo-Indian School, Kadukutty, near Chalakudy, was abducted from the school on Friday morning for ransom. But the panic of over six hours ended when she was found abandoned unhurt in front of the St George Church at Thiruvillamala, some 100 km away, around 3 pm. The church authorities who found the girl crying on the road informed the Pazhayannur police who took her into safe custody. Later, she was handed over to her parents.
Police said Anusree, daughter of Madhu and Soumya of Vilakkathu house, Kadukutty Annanadu, was kidnapped from the school compound around 9.30 am. She was walking to the classroom along with her friends when the kidnapper forcibly took her into a car parked on the road and sped away. Police suspect that over two persons were involved in the kidnapping.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- High Court's 'sensual' ruling seems unwedded to reality
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 'Early monsoon beneficial for kharif crops'
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha