‘No bad omen associated with 12-12-12’
By Christo Shajan | ENS - KANNUR
12th December 2012 08:42 AM
Going by the Mayan calendar, 12-12-12 is marked as the end of a civilization, giving birth to an entirely new scheme of things which could not be comprehended or forecasted when the calendar was scripted.
Right from the time 2011 faded away giving birth to this controversial year, talks and rumours had been taking rounds about the end of the world. But religion prevails where man fails to understand.
In many of the religions across the world, the scriptures depict this period as a period of enrichment after the defeat of light over darkness.
Majority of the numerologists in the city however had a different view about this unique date.
Just the contemplation of the numbers and meanings will put you into the frequencies that lie within their magic.
R U Rajan, a practising numerologist based in Kadavanthara says that contrary to popular belief, the day 12-12-12 is very special because the number 1 denotes the sun and 2 denotes the moon.
“The combination gives birth to the number 3 - which symbolises the planet Jupiter-the God of all planets.
“So, it is pretty natural that deliveries are being postponed and weddings are being charted for this day which carries a deep meaning besides it’s fancy attraction,” he adds.
However, P B Rajesh, a numerologist in Kochi put forward an interesting preposition. “The number 666 is widely considered to be the number of the devil across various religions. 12-12-12 is a direct multiple of that. It can also mean that evil may strike,” he says.
Let alone the ideologists, the common people are just looking at the Wednesday as a special date considering it’s fancy quotient and it certainly would be a busy day at wedding halls, maternity wards and let’s not forget the lovers who are waiting for this fancy day to propose. Leaving aside the spiritual and fancy angle to this special day, one thing stands for sure.
12-12-12 is the last of the repeating series in this century, with the next one coming up in January 2101 when the first of January would read 01-01-01.
Chances are slim that we will live to tell a tale. Anyways savouring our luck for being born at this time of the century and be part of certain wonderful days definitely seems like the best thing to do.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet