UDF facing threats from within: Minister
By Express News Service - KOCHI
08th December 2012 01:53 PM
The UDF government in the state is facing threats from within the front, alleged Cultural Minister K C Joseph on Friday. Inaugurating the delegates’ meet of the Kerala Municipal and Corporation Staff Association, the minister said that the thin majority enjoyed by the government has been causing troubles.
“The government is not facing threats from the opposition. Most of the issues arise from within the front. Some people try to crucify the government just to get media attention.”
The thin majority enjoyed by the state government has always been an issue, he noted. “Whenever there is an Assembly session, we have to tell the MLAs to be present because of the thin majority. But this has not affected the developmental activities of the government,” he added.
Joseph pointed that from the next year, the government has plans for better utilisation of funds. Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan inaugurated the farewell meeting organised in honour of association state president P S M Sadique, who retired from service. He said that the government has appointed a committee to look into the issue of granting government employee status to the municipal and corporation staff.
“The government has taken a positive approach. But there are certain elements trying to create divisions within the state government employees. Such political gimmicks should be identified.”P N Prasannakumar presided over the meet.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- 10 things to know for the French Open
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet