Muneer does a Houdini, performs the ‘great escape act’
By Express News Service - MALAPPURAM
07th December 2012 10:31 AM
Politicians are skilled to free themselves from the traps of foes within and outside their parties. On Thursday, the Social Welfare Minister M K Muneer made a great escape from real chain in no time.
The skill and authenticity of the escape act he performed at a magic show at the Town Hall here on Thursday evening was termed unbelievable by the spectators including the VIPs who had gathered at the venue.
Muneer performed the magic show titled the Magic of M, along with well known magician Gopinath Muthukad.
There was one more celebrity at the venue whose name also starts with the letter M, veteran film actor Madhu. He inaugurated the magic show which aimed to spread religious harmony in Kerala society.
A set was created with the letter M on the stage for the performance. MLA P Ubaidullah, Malappuram Municipality chairman Muhammed Mustafa, District Collector M C Mohandas and District Police Chief K Sethuraman locked the minister and magician with four iron chains tied to the two iron pillars of the letter M.
The assistants of Magician Muthukad closed the place where both the minister and Muthukad had been locked.
Spectators were kept in waiting for some minutes. A masked man representing the demon of religious discord entered the stage and cut apart the set created in the form of letter M.
The assistants opened the box soon after this act and the spectators were astonished to see that both the magicians had disappeared from the box without opening the box.
However, the real wonder was yet to come. When all the eyes at the venue were searching for both of them, they appeared from another box which had been fixed at the place allotted for spectators.
Shock and wonder turned to applause within seconds.
“It is the result of one-and-a-half months-long training at the Magic Academy at Thiruvananthapuram.
“The show is spreading the message of religious harmony,” the minister said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Key relationships
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out