Third Additional District and Sessions Court entrusted with TP murder attempt case
By Express News Service - KOZHIKODE
04th December 2012 10:50 AM
The Third Additional District and Sessions Court has been entrusted with the case pertaining to the murder attempt against RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan in 2009.
Principal District Judge P Ubaid issued order handing over the case to the Additional Sessions Court under Rule 77(2) of the Criminal Rules and Practice in Kerala, last week.
Earlier, the Vadakara First Class Judicial Magistrate Court, which was the inquiry court, had committed the case to the District and Sessions Court under Section 209 (commitment of case to court of session when offence is triable exclusively by it) of the Code of Criminal Procedure. In the chargesheet filed by the Special Investigation Team member and Vadakara DySP Jossy Cherian before the Vadakara Judicial First Class Magistrate Court on September 10, the SIT stated that the CPM decided to eliminate TP and thereby wipe out the Revolutionary Marxist Party(RMP) floated by him, which had posed a strong challenge to the party in its stronghold, Onchiyam.
CPM Onchiyam area committee secretary C H Ashokan is the first accused while area committee member K K Krishnan, Kunnummakkara local committee member K C Ramachandran and Thalassery area committee member P P Ramakrishnan are the second, third and 11th accused respectively. According to the report, Ashokan, Krishnan, Ramachandran and Ramakrishnan met at the residence of Ramakrishnan in Mahe in the first week of 2009 August, and hatched a conspiracy to kill Chandrasekharan. The final plot was designed after a meeting held at the Onchiyam area committee office, in August 2009. Ramakrishnan called gang leader Kirmani Manoj to his residence and hired him to execute the murder. He also arranged the lethal weapons at his house.
With the intention of carrying out the murder, gang members Kirmani Manoj, Sijith alias Annan, T K Rajeesh, Pondi Shaji, Jemintavida Biju, M Abhinesh, Santhosh, P Ajeesh, Chetti Shaji and E V Aneesh roamed around Onchiyam and nearby areas several times with lethal weapons in October 2009.
The report added that K C Ramachandran accompanied the killer gang to help them identify Chandrasekharan, who was unfamiliar to the gang, several times in Ottathengu area in Onchiyam, Mandodi Thazhe Kuni Peedika near TP’s residence
and the surrounding areas of the CPM Onchiyam area Committee office on the Nadapuram road, the ways Chandrasekharan used to travel every day.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair