Expansion proposal defeated
By Express News Service - ANGAMALY
25th November 2012 10:08 AM
The proposal for the city’s expansion under the 12th Five Year Plan presented before the Angamaly municipality council has been defeated.
Out of the total strength of 30, 11 belong to the opposition. Ten members of the ruling UDF front, including the chairman, attended the voting session. With the absence of 8 members of the ruling front, the charges alleged by the opposition stood valid.
The expansion plan for the 12th Five Year Plan has been prepared without meeting the important criterion of including experts as well as opposition members in the committees, the opposition alleged.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode