3 held for possessing leopard skin
By Express News Service - PALAKKAD
16th November 2012 01:13 PM
Three persons were arrested on charges of possessing leopard skin. They were caught with the leopard skin while travelling in an autorickshaw at Kavundikkal in Attapadi on Thursday.
“The skin shows that the deceased leopard was around two-and-a-half years old. We also confiscated the autorickshaw, a single barrel country gun, two mobile phones and one search light from the arrested persons,” said Agali Range forest officer M P Prabhakaran, who headed the the forest department team which arrested the three persons.He said that the skull of the leopard, which was buried on the compound of their house, was also recovered.
The arrested persons were identified as Sabu Joseph, 47, son of Joseph, Nallupangil Veedu, Nelliampathy, Agali and his son, Bineesh, 27 and Jinson, 30, son of Kuttichan, Pulliyara, Chittur, Attapadi.
“The arrested persons said they had killed the leopard one year ago and consumed around 30 kg of its meat,” Prabhakaran said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner