Not joining UDF Cabinet: Kerala Congress chief Ramesh Chennithala
By IANS - KOTTAYAM
12th November 2012 05:47 PM
Kerala state Congress chief Ramesh Chennithala on Monday categorically denied the possibility of his joining the party-led coalition government's cabinet. "Let me make one thing very clear. Till date there has been no talk of a reshuffle either in the party or in the United Democratic Front. I know the significance of the post of the president of the party that I hold now," said Chennithala.
Chennithala was responding to queries from the media here following speculation that he might join the cabinet of party leader and Chief Minister Oommen Chandy either as a deputy chief minister or home minister.
"If I wanted to become a minister, I could have become earlier. All what you hear now is nothing but imaginative and wishful thinking from certain quarters," added Chennithala.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- High Court's 'sensual' ruling seems unwedded to reality
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 'Early monsoon beneficial for kharif crops'
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha