35 migrant labourers arrested
By Express News Service - KOCHI
12th November 2012 12:19 PM
A total of 35 persons, suspected to be from Bangladesh, were taken into custody from a shelter in Athany near Nedumbassery by the Special Intelligence Wing on Sunday. According to the police, the persons use to work at a site in Chengamanad.
They were later taken to the Nedumbassery police station. During interrogation, they informed that they are migrant labourers from other states in India. However, the police said that the identity cards produced by the group were fake.
The interrogation is progressing under the guidance of Special Branch DySP Anilkumar.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks