Airman from Kottayam electrocuted
By ENS - KOTTAYAM
08th October 2012 12:36 PM
M Kannan, 23, an airman with Dinjan Unit of Air Force in Assam, was electrocuted while he was trying to douse the fire which broke out at a residential area near his camp at 8.30 pm on Saturday. His relatives got the information that Kannan was electrocuted at 11.30 pm on Saturday as the fire baton he was carrying came in contact with a live wire.
He had rung up his mother at 7.30 pm on Saturday. His body will be bought by air to Nedumbassery at 8.30 pm on Monday. Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan and MP Jose K Mani contacted Defence Minister A K Antony and made arrangements to bring the body home. Kannan’s father C P Murali, Arakkal house, Kumaranaloor, was with the BSF and had died in a terrorist blast in Punjab in 1989. Kannan was then a 3-month-old infant.
Kannan completed Bsc in Physics from Nattakom Government College and joined the Air Force two-and-a-half years ago. He is survived by his mother Rajalakshmi and brother Unnikrishnan.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15