Next Cabinet meet in Tihar: Yechury
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
12th September 2012 10:56 AM
Politburo member of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) Sitaram Yechury said that the series of scams and the silence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh reminds him of the timeless story of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves. In the absence of Ali Baba (the PM), the 40 thieves (ministers) are looting the nation. This is nothing but the immoral act of the corrupt, he added. He was speaking at the inauguration of sixth All- India Conference of Democratic Youth Federation of India here on Tuesday.
Yechury mocked the present government and said, “the next Cabinet meeting is likely to happen in Tihar Jail.” He also said that Capitalist policies has failed. The only alternative to imperialism and capitalism is socialism.
Only through a strong people’s movement it would be possible to stop the loot of the country’s resources, Yechury added. The country has resources to eliminate hunger and illiteracy and the youth should put pressure on the government to changes its policies, he said.
Amidst the looting, the rich and the corporates are given huge tax concessions, which is considered as ‘incentives’ while subsidies for the poor are being treated as a ‘burden’ on the exchequer, he quipped.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling