In-house security available on trains
By Express News Service - MYSORE:
18th August 2012 10:41 AM
Dial 0821- 2420216, 2427222, and obtain security assistance inside trains hereafter. Collect the FIR forms from the TTE, train superintendent or guard and lodge complaints at any station where you alight.
This measure has been taken by the Mysore Division of the South Western Railway, following the recent incident of a teenage girl being pushed out of a moving train.
After launching the awareness drive and distribution of pamphlets for commuters at the city railway station on Friday, senior divisional commercial manager Anup Dayanand Sadhu said that the awareness campaign has been launched to remove the fear among passengers and provide tips for safe travel.
“The drive will cover 35-40 train stations from the Mysore division and 500 coaches maintained by the Mysore Division, including at the Arasikere station.
Measures have been taken to paste 10 stickers on every coach, with “Do’s and Dont’s” to be observed, along with RPF Control Room numbers.
On any point en route, people can call the RPF Control Room,” he added. About 25,000 passenger travel everyday, and ensuring their safety is the need of the hour.
Additional man power has been deputed on exit, entry points and three metal detector doors have been placed; 18 CCTV cameras have been installed at stations which will be monitored by the RPF 24x7. An entry gate near CFTRI has been closed to avoid trespassing.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Key relationships
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out