‘Chief Justice should take more interest'
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
11th August 2012 12:38 PM
Governor HR Bhardwaj has asked Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court Vikramjit Sen to ‘take more interest’ in the appointment of Lokayukta.
Speaking to media on the sidelines of a function here on Friday evening, Bhardwaj said he was in constant touch with Justice Sen over the process of appointment of Lokayukta.
Nod to Nominations: Bhardwaj approved names of national award winning actor Tara, former Rajya Sabha member K B Shanappa, Chairperson of Karnataka State Handloom Corporation MD Lakshminarayan recommended by the state government to nominate to the Legislative Council.
A notification in this regard was issued on Friday.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Subramanian Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS