Not under BSY influence: CM
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
09th August 2012 08:57 AM
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Wednesday denied that he was being controlled by former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa.
“Nobody is controlling me. I am functioning independently. The reports that Yeddyurappa is doing back seat driving are media creations,” said Shettar at a programme organised by the Press Club of Bangalore here on Wednesday.
When his attention was drawn towards Yeddyurappa’s claim that he was responsible for farm loan waiver, Shettar said, “Everybody has right to give suggestions on the floor of Assembly. Yeddyurappa’s suggestion for farm loan waiver came at a time when farmers were facing hardship due to drought and the government accepted it. There is nothing wrong in it.”He refused to comment on BJP senior leader L K Advani’s writing in the blog.When asked if he was being made the scapegoat in the Yeddyurappa’s political game plan, Shettar sought to defer and said, “One should appreciate the fact that an ordinary party worker has become chief minister. I don’t understand why people are thinking that I am being made a scapegoat.”
On who would lead the party in the upcoming Assembly elections, Shettar said that it was a matter to be decided by the party and it would take a suitable decision before elections.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Super Kings hope to ride Mumbai's hit wave
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links