CM to nominate to Legislative Council
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
05th August 2012 09:56 AM
The BJP core committee, which is the highest decision making body of the ruling party in the state met here on Saturday and authorised Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to nominate three names to the Legislative Council.
Speaking to reporters after attending the meeting, Deputy Chief Minister and the state BJP president K S Eshwarappa said that several issues had come up for discussion in the meeting.
Former chief ministers B S Yeddyurappa and D V Sadananda Gowda, BJP’s National General Secretary Ananthkumar, party in-charge Devendra Pradhan and state organising general secretary Santhosh and Home minister R Ashok attended the meeting. Informing that the core committee has also delegated power to Chief Minister to look into the appointments to various state-owned boards and corporations, the BJP president said that the committee has also instructed the party legislators to remain in their Assembly constituencies and monitor the severe drought. The core committee also suggested the party unit to go for membership drive in the state and enlarge its party base.
According to party sources, several other issues, including that of re-allocation of the portfolios, the appointment of the new president for the state BJP unit also came up for discussion in the meeting.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS