Ashok Chakra for Suvarna Soudha
By Ramkrishna Badseshi - GULBARGA
18th June 2012 10:16 AM
Artisans of the city-based V T N Creative Art Studio are busy making a model of the majestic Ashok Chakra, the National Emblem, which would be fixed atop the main dome of Suvarna Soudha in Belgaum.
Suvarna Soudha is being considered as a parallel building to Vidhana Soudha, the centre of State Legislature and Secretariat in Bangalore. Suvarna Soudha has been conceived as an alternative venue to conduct Legislative sessions.
When Express visited V T N Creative Art Studio situated at Bamboo Bazar in the city on Sunday, the artisans were seen giving final touches to the emblem’s model.
Chief artist Vishweshwarayya T N, who was entrusted with task of preparing the Ashok Chakra, measuring 3.68 metres in length, 2.11 metres in breadth and weighing 6.50 tonnes, said that the model would be ready by June 21 and it would be transported to Belgaum on the same day.
He would take up the task of fixing the Ashok Chakra on the top of the main dome of Suvarna Soudha in Belgaum from June 24 and the work would be completed by the end of this month.
B G Shirke Constructions Technologies Pvt Ltd of Pune (Maharashtra), which was entrusted with the construction of the Suvarna Soudha in Belgaum on the lines of the main Vidhana Soudha in Bangalore, gave the sub-contract of making the Ashok Chakra (whose measurements should be equal to that of the Vidhana Soudha’s Ashok Chakra) to V T N Creative Art Studio, owned by Vishweshwarayya T N,Gulbarga.
The Studio owners were instructed to carry out the work as per BOQ specification: The National Emblem should be made in bronze with gold paint lacquer, seating arrangement of 2.54 m diameter and a thickness of 25 mm.
Vishweshwarayya told Express that the work of making the National Emblem of the estimated cost `75 lakh.
B G Shirke Company provided the drawing of the National Emblem and its specifications two months ago.
The armature was prepared first and later clay work was carried out for about a week. Then moulding and plaster works were taken up. The fibre Work was completed last week. The model is getting finishing touches now.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Key relationships
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Hope floats for Nokia