Now, CET counselling to go online
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
07th June 2012 12:44 PM
Medical Education Minister S A Ramdas said each student had to attend seven rounds of counselling for medical, five rounds for engineering and three rounds for ISM&H and Architecture, before the final seats allotment.
“To avoid several trips to the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) office and to address other issues concerning the candidates, an online counselling will be conducted. In the present online seat allotment system, candidates will have the flexibility to participate till the last round to get the best seat possible as per their CET rank. The documents verification will be done in all the 13 Helpline Centres across the state,” he said.
Ramdas said the government was making preparations for the implementation of the National Eligibility Entrance Test(NEET) and would set up a cell for it soon. “Capacity building programmes are on the anvil for the present batch of II PUC students,” he added.
He also said a proposal to increase the number of medical seats had been sent to the Centre.
Lauding KEA’s efforts in this regard, Ramdas said, “The Centre is pleased with the KEA’s functioning and has sought the methodology of work which might be used for the NEET.”
A state delegation will meet the Union Health Minister in the third week of June to discuss seat enhancement in medical colleges and sanction of new colleges.
Names of Helpline Centres
Karnataka Examination Authority; for Bangalore, Bangalore Rural, Tumkur, Kolar, Ramanagara and Chikkaballapur
Govt Medical College, for Mysore, Mandya, Kodagu and Chamarajanagar districts
Govt Engineering College for Hassan and Chikkamagalur districts
NITK Suratkal for Mangalore and Udupi dis tricts
Govt PU College for Shimoga and Haveri districts
Karnataka Science Centre for Karwar district
Govt Medical College for Belgaum, Gadag and Bagalkot districts
Govt Polytechnic College for Bijapur
VTU, PG Centre for Gulbarga, Bidar and Yadagir
Govt Engineering College to cover Raichur and Koppala
Govt Women’s Polytechnic Hosur, for Hubli and Dharwad Bellary Govt Polytechnic College for Bellary
DRR Govt Polytechnic Collegeto cover Davangere and Chitradurga
The Special Category document verification will be conducted on KEA premises on the following dates”
* Physically-Disabled: June 18
* NCC: June 19
* Sports: June 20
* Jammu and Kashmir: June 21
Verification of documents for rank number one onwards will be conducted from June 25 till July 11 at 13 Helpline Centres across the state.
Option Entry Schedule
CET rank holders will have a window period of seven days from June 12 to 18 to apply for particular courses and colleges at the Helpline Centres
* July 19: Mock Seat Allotment
* July 21-22: Announcement of Mock Allotment by KEA and provision to change of options, if any, by students
* July 23: Real Allotment (Admission Round)
* July 25: Announcement of Real Allotment
* July 26-30: Confirmation of allotment, payment of fees and receipt of Admission Order
* July 29: Last date for reporting to the college in admission round
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 'Early monsoon beneficial for kharif crops'
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha