After 13 years, father meets rape victim
By Express News Service - BELGAUM
06th March 2013 08:32 AM
The father of the gang-rape victim, who was staying separately from his daughter and wife for 13 years, met his daughter at the district hospital on Monday evening.
A source said the 17-year-old victim’s father hugged her and wept loudly for about 15 minutes. He felt sorry for staying away from his family and told them that had he been around, this tragedy would not have happened. The girl was allegedly gang-raped, beaten with an iron rod and dumped into a well at Itnal village in Raibag taluk on February 26.
He told his daughter not to be discouraged and to be bold as things would get back to normal soon. He promised to stay in touch and said he would rejoin the family, if it was possible. The father appealed to the hospital staff, including the doctors, to take special care of his daughter.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy