Dismiss government: KPCC
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
26th January 2013 08:20 AM
Launching an attack on Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar for allegedly clinging to power, despite losing majority in the Assembly, the KPCC president Dr G Parameshwar urged the Governor H R Bhardwaj to dismiss the government.
Speaking to reporters here on Friday, the KPCC president said that the Shettar government was reduced to minority after 13 of its party MLAs decided to quit the Assembly seats and another four legislators identified with the BSR Congress.
Requesting the Governor to exercise his constitutional power and sack the government which has lost all morality to continue in power, the KPCC chief said, “We will meet the Governor and make a formal submission on the issue.”Replying to questions, whether the Congress would move a no-confidence motion against the Shettar government, Parameshwar said that the issue would be discussed in a party forum .
He also added that the second leg of the party’s 82-km padayathra from Ullal to Udupi would be launched on January 29.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year