Abused by father, 1-year-old girl in ICU
By Nagaraj Tuppad - HUBLI
28th December 2012 10:15 AM
In a heart-rending incident, a man abused his one-year-old baby girl and inflicted burns on her with cigarettes.
The baby, Kameshwari Sunagar, has been admitted to the intensive care unit of Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences in Hubli with several burn marks on her chest and stomach. It is in a critical condition but stable, doctors said.
According to sources, Ramesh Sunagar of Mugad village in Dharwad taluk, a habitual drinker, had allegedly been torturing the child and her mother ever since it was born. Ramesh had married Lakshmi of Hospet four year ago and the couple also had a male child who is taken care of well by Ramesh.
His neighbours who came to know of the inhuman treatment meted out to the baby informed the police. Ramesh has been arrested and is in judicial custody.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers