RGUHS entrance test in February
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
18th December 2012 11:59 AM
The state will conduct Karnataka Common Entrance Test (CET) 2013 for MBBS and BDS courses, but subject to Supreme Court verdict on National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
The decision to conduct CET was taken at a high-level meeting conducted by the Department of Medical Education, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) on Monday.
Dr G S Venkatesh, director of Directorate of Medical Education (DME) said, “The SC verdict has been scheduled for January 15, 16 and 17, 2013, and based on the outcome KEA will conduct CET. If the SC announces that the NEET 2013 is mandatory, then the necessary coaching classes for second PU students will be conducted by the KEA.”
He also said that the Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) will be conducted for 2013 academic year by RGUHS.
“The state will not go by the NEET PG for the 2013 admissions and most likely in the second week of February RGUHS PGET will be held,” Dr Venkatesh added.
Meanwhile, a KEA official said that a concrete decision about CET 2013 will be taken on December 28 after another meeting by the Medical Education Department. Based on the decision, the coaching classes for NEET UG and second PU examination will be conducted by the KEA, he said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals