French diplomat seeks quashing of case against him
By PTI - BANGALORE
14th December 2012 09:39 PM
French diplomat Pascal Mazurier who was granted conditional bail by the Karnataka High Court in connection with the alleged rape of his minor daughter, recently filed a petition before the court seeking quashing of the case against him.
In his petition, Pascal submitted that from the materials of the chargesheet, it was seen that the entire case of the prosecution was "solely dependant upon the circumstantial evidence though the medical report given by the Baptist Hospital allegedly indicated there was sexual abuse on his minor daughter, the same does not link him".
He submitted since 2005, his wife Suja Jones (the second respondent) was "not happy with him and used to frequently quarrel with him".
In 2012 July, Pascal said, he was scheduled to be tranferred to South Africa and hence had to move from India.
Suja resisted as she intended to reside in India along with children, he said.
However, he said he was a French citizen attached to the French Consulate and he had no other avocation and could not stay in India. This dispute also led to the custody of his children.
Pascal said he apprehended that his wife had "concocted a false case and had implicated him in it".
He also pointed out that after receipt of the chargesheet and having considered the DNA report, he had filed a complaint requesting the police to investigate as to who was the culprit behind the sexual abuse of his daughter.
The petition will come up for hearing after the winter vacation of the court.
Mazurier, Consular Attache to the Consulate General of France here, was arrested on June 19 following a complaint by his wife, a native of Kerala, alleging that he had raped their three-and-a-half year old daughter.
He was charge sheeted on September 17 under Section 376 of IPC for allegedly raping his minor daughter.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner