Calm CM focuses on development
By Suresh M Jadar - HUBLI
10th December 2012 10:05 AM
While B S Yeddyurappa was officially launching the KJP in Haveri on Sunday, an unperturbedChief Minister Jagadish Shettar was busy launching development programmes here.
Haveri, which is about 65 km away from Hubli, was abuzz with news of several BJP MLAs, ministers and MPs taking part in the convention,.
However, Shettar was in his home district launching and reviewing many a development programmes and inaugurating offices.
Shettar said, “We have been watching the developments and gathering information on Haveri convention. The party high command would soon decide the action to be taken against those leaders who shared the dais with Yeddyurappa.”
However, the CM stressed that the BJP had a clear majority in the Assembly, and hence there was no need for it to be dissolved.
Referring to Yeddyurappa’s demand of dissolving the government immediately, Shettar said, “The political high drama would come up for discussion with party seniors soon. Ours is a government with a clear majority and not a coalition one.”
The Chief Minister however, did not react to the live coverage of the KJP’s Haveri convention on television channels and Yeddyurappa’s demand for his resignation.
Speaking about Shettar at a programme in Kotilingeshwarnagar, MP Pralhad Joshi termed him “shant murthy” who even amidst tumultuous situation had maintained stability. “
Because of Shettar’s sheer concern, the twin cities of Hubli and Dharwad have got crores of funds for development,” he said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS