Thief swallows necklace
By Express News Service - HUBLI
02nd December 2012 09:05 AM
A chain snatcher swallowed the gold necklace he had snatched from a woman after being caught by public at JC Nagar, but is now in police custody.
The police said the 25-year-old man snatched a 10-gram gold chain from a woman, but the woman started screaming, alerting the public, who chased and caught hold of him.
The thief swallowed the chain and denied having stolen it.
He was taken to a hospital and subjected to a scan, which revealed it hidden in his abdomen.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection