BJP chants unity mantra in Dharward
By Shyam Sundar Vattam - BANGALORE
02nd December 2012 09:06 AM
The BJP leaders of Dharwad, which is the home district of Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar are on a mission to keep their leaders and party workers together.
This decision was taken after some BJP leaders openly identified themselves with former with former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa who resigned from primary membership of the BJP on Friday. Sources told Express that the BJP sees no threat in Dharwad district but it is likely to face an uphill task in Gadag and Haveri district.
To keep the BJP workers and leaders in a flock, the party leaders in Dharwad have initiated a discussion of party office-bearers, councillors of Hubli-Dharwad Municipal Corporation and Zilla Panchayats. Kundagol MLA S I Chikkangoudar has already identified himself with the Karnataka Janata Party (KJP). However, Dharwad rural MLA Seema Masuti is a close follower of Shettar and may not join the KJP.
Hubli-Dharwad West MLA Chandrakanth Bellad, from the Yeddyurappa camp, is unlikely to contest the next elections. He is planning to handover the baton to his son Arvind Bellad, an industrialist. MLA of Hubli-Dharwad East Veerabhadrappa Halaharavi is also a follower of Shettar and may not join the KJP.
Navalgund MLA Shankarpatil Munenkoppa is also Shettar’s supporter and may not take the risk of joining KJP, sources said.
Hubli-Dharwad central Assembly constituency is represented by Shettar on whom the party is banking to ensure victory of the BJP in district. Former minister Jabbar Khan Honnalli who joined KJP recently is seeking the ticket to contest from Hubli-Dharwad west constituency .
In Gadag, the BJP has to look out for new candidates as three out of the total four legislators have already decided to join the KJP. But MLA and Women and Child Welfare Minister Kalakappa Bandi has decided to remain with the BJP.
MLA C C Patil who was asked to resign as minister following porngate scandal, Gadag MLA Srishailappa Bidarur and Shirahatti MLA Ramanna Lamani will contest on KJP tickets, sources said.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)