Dattamala Abhiyan in Bababudangiri
By Express News Service - CHIKMAGLUR
26th November 2012 11:24 AM
Dattamala-wearing Sri Ram Sene devotees from various parts of the state visited Datta Peeta atop the Bababudan Giri on Sunday as part of the Dattamala Abhiyan.
Hundreds of devotees took a holy dip in the Honnammana Halla and relinquished the holy garlands.
They proceeded to the Peeta carrying Irumudi on their heads and emptied the rice and other offerings at a place close to the entrance gate.
Homas Conducted A number of devotees passed through barricades for Darshan of the Datta Padukas.
Datta Homa, Anasuya Homa and Sudarshan Homa were performed at the shed constructed by the district administration.
The programme concluded peacefully amid heavy police security, the police said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS